Muhammad Ali son of Iftikhar Ali
Inna Lillahe wa Inna Elaihe Rajeoon
Muhammad Ali son of Iftikhar Ali, brother of sister Rubina Wasim (meena’s mother) passed away 12/15/2013 in Karachi, Pakistan and will be buried today.
Please recite Sura-e-Fateha and Namaz-e-Washat for departed soul.
Sayyid Ibne Tawus has narrated from the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.) that the most difficult for the dead person is the first night in the grave, so have pity on your dead ones and give sadaqah on their behalf so that their difficulty is reduced and if there is nothing to give in sadaqah you must pray two rakats prayer.
It is most important to give sadaqa on behalf of the deceased on the first night of burial .
Method of Namaz-e-Wahshat
On the first night after the burial of a dead person, two raka’ats of wahshat prayers be offered. The method of offering this prayers is as follows:
1. In the first Raka’at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Ayatul Kursi should be recited once.
2. In the second Raka’at, Surah al-Qadr should be recited 10 times after Surah-al-Hamd.
3. After saying the salam, the following supplication should be recited: Alla humma salli ‘ala Muhammadin wa Ali Muhammad wab’ath thawabaha ila qabri [ here name of the dead person and his/her father’s name should be mentioned ].
Fazilat/Merits of Namaz-e-Wahshat
• Shaykh Thiqatul Islam Noori has narrated directly from Fath Ali Sultanabadi that he says he had the habit that whenever he heard of the death of a family member or a friend he would pray two rakats prayer of the night of burial and gift the Sawab. “No one knew about this practice of mine. One day I met a friend. He said: Last night I had a dream in which I saw a person who had died that day. I asked him about his well being and inquired about the conditions after death. He said that after my death I was in a terrible difficulty because my deeds were very bad. Till the time this person recited two rakat prayer. And he mentioned your name. This two rakat Namaz saved me from the punishment. May Allah have mercy on the parents of this person who did this favour to me.
• It is narrated from Imam Sadiq (a.s.) that whenever there is narrowness and severity on the dead body the Almighty widens his grave and removes the narrowness and says that this widening is because you had recited Namaz-e-Wahshat for such and such believer brother.
• Marhum Haaj Mulla said: At this time the person asked me what that prayer was? I explained to him the method of this prayer and those things that are beneficial to the dead ones. They are as follows:
1. In order to be safe from the Wahshat-e-Qabr (terror of the grave) one should perform the ruku properly. Thus it is related from Imam Baqir (a.s.) that one who performs the ruku properly does not have terror in the grave.
2. Recite “Laa ilaaha illallaahul Malikul haqqul Mubeen” a hundred times daily. One who recites this is safe from poverty and terror of the grave and affluence pulls him towards itself and the doors of Paradise open up for him.
3. Recite Surah Yasin before going to bed.
4. Recite Namaz-e-Lailatul Raghaib which is mentioned in the A’maal of Rajab on the eve of the first Friday of the month of Rajab.
Shahe Najaf Islamic Center
5501 Cherokee Avenue. Alexandria, VA 22312